Monday 12 May 2008

Two Day Fat Burning Programme ©

The most effective and painless way to shed weight over 2 days is to just eat fruit, vegetables and very lean protein.

This programme is designed to ensure you not only drop between 2-4lbs it will also ensure that you are not bloated, have a flatter stomach and shed the weight and inches predominantly from your waist, stomach and hips, perfect if you want to look good in little black dress. Its particular combination of foods and spices specifically work together to minimise sugar cravings, burn fat and lower the levels of sugar in your blood while satisfying hunger.

It is quite simple to drop a few pounds by just eating fruit or fruit and vegetables but adding lean protein keeps your energy levels high throughout the day and keeps you full. The amino acids and catecholamine in protein send a message of fullness to our brains. Protein-rich foods encourage the production of the hormone peptide YY which is known to suppress appetite.

The body works hard to properly digest protein the longer and the more effort put into digesting protein, the more calories your body uses up and the more your metabolic rate will increase. Lean protein has 2-3 times the thermic effect of carbs or fat meaning it elevates metabolism by up to 10% more than when carbs or fat are eaten.

This 2 day programme is based around lean fish and vegetables as most people who crave sugar are low in magnesium. Magnesium-rich foods lessen sugar cravings these include apples, celery, parsley and fish. A diet deficient in magnesium can cause weight gain as well as sugar cravings, as an added bonus the fish is very nourishing for your skin so will look glowing rather than haggard as a result of this 2 day detox programme.

Day one

Breakfast: Any kind of water based fruit like apples, pears, grapes, peaches, plums or berries don't have more than 3 varieties as too much variety stimulates the appetite.
Sprinkle with half a teaspoon of ground cinnamon, cinnamon reduces sugar levels in the blood and reduces sugar cravings. Warm the fruit in a little water if you like hot food for breakfast. If you don’t like fruit have 2 hard boiled eggs instead or scrambled in oil no milk or butter.

Drink herb teas, cinnamon, rooibos and green tea are the best. No milk, cream or any dairy products at all. Japanese Green Tea can burn fat more rapidly. The catechins in Green tea can reduce waist circumference and abdominal fat by boosting metabolism. Drink several cups a day hot or iced and several glasses of water with lemon, orange or lime slices or a strawberry added for a little flavour.

Lunch: Spicy salad a mixed salad of green vegetables, peppers, celery, parsley, tomatoes and a fist sized serving of prawns, prawns are naturally rich in zinc which lessens craving for sugary foods add ginger and cayenne pepper if possible as they can help to stimulate thermogenisis (heat generated by the body) and promote weight reduction, add chillies if you like them. Chillies speed up the metabolism and reduce hunger. Hot spices can boost the rate at which calories are burnt by up to 15 per cent for a few hours after eating

Dinner: spicy fish and vegetables Steamed or stir fried vegetables (with the tiniest amount of oil) with cooked prawns parsley and the same spices as above, serve them on shredded lettuce. If you can’t face prawns twice have a fist sized serving of sardines mackerel, tuna or salmon (canned in water not oil) with cumin, ginger, cayenne pepper and chillies to further boost your metabolism. You can add a sauce of canned tomatoes and garlic for extra flavour.

Snack on fruit, again no more than two varieties (apples are the best), or cherry tomatoes, raw vegetables or soy beans without salt (you can buy birds eye frozen soy beans) Soy protein slightly increases your metabolism. The isoflavones, glycine and arginine in soya milk can accelerate the breakdown of fat, especially stomach fat and reduce the levels of sugar in the blood.

Day two

Breakfast: As day one, any 3 types of fruit with half a teaspoon of ground cinnamon.

Lunch same as day one but you can replace the prawns with any fish.

Dinner same as day one any type of fish and vegetables or salad with tomatoes and spices. If you hate fish replace with eggs or skinless chicken.

Snacks same as day one

Absolutely NO alcohol, sugar, wheat or dairy foods and NO salt or artificial sweeteners, the spices will give the food all the flavour you need.

32 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi could you tell me what the best form of protein would be as a vegetarian following this two day detox plan?
Thankyou.

Anonymous said...

This is wonderful.....I have just followed the plan for two days and feel fantastic. My tummy is flat, I feel leaner and I cannot believe how much energy I have! Thanks Marisa x

Marisa Peer said...

Hi sandra
If you eat eggs then have eggs hard boiled, scrambled or as an omelette cooked in oil not butter. Dont worry that you are having a lot of eggs its only for 2 days. Tofu, soya protein, soya beans or chick peas are also very good alternatives
marisa

Anonymous said...

thanks for your book, and for telling it straight. I am only at the beginning of the journey, but very hopeful.
One aspect I am having difficulty taking on board is your comments on milk.
surely organic milk isn't full of pus?
I am not a big milk consumer, but feel resistant to stopping dairy products ( e.g 1/2 fat creme fraiche for soup, milk for tea, and porridge).
I'm going to try goat's milk.
soya milk isn't a natural product.
thanks again for your excellent resources ! I hope to be able to attend one of your seminars.

Anonymous said...

Can we eat goats/ewes cheese with your diet/lifestyle?

Marisa Peer said...

Dear Sandy
you can have goats and ewes cheese and goats butter on this programme.

Dear Katya
A little milk is okay and organic milk is much better as organic farms dont milk pregnant cows so they do have less pus, goats milk is much better. You might also like oatly which tastes very like dairy as its creamy.
v best
marisa

Anonymous said...

Hi Marisa, came to your session on Sunday 22nd and loved it. Have been listening to the cd and I have already shed 2 pounds ( in 4 days!) However in the last two days I have fallen asleep during the cd and today I have had the munchies (although I have been munching healthily!) Does this mean I have missed some of the last two days input? Thanks, Julie

Unknown said...

Hi Marisa, I noticed that in the menus you include feta cheese and halloumi. Are these ok to eat with your plan? I've looked and some brands are made with cow's milk - do we need to look for brands that aren't?
Thanks.
Sandra

Marisa Peer said...

Dear Sandra
Only buy Feta and Halumi that have no cows milk in them , its annoying that cows milk is added to it and it should not be, however you can find pure sheeps and goats cheese just make sure you read the labels.

Dear Anon
its okay to fall asleep while listening to the CD you will still take it in but if it happens all the time sit up and listen to it instead of lying down
v best
marisa

Anonymous said...

Marisa,is it ok to eat dried fruit, like dried figs, apricots and prunes? These are rich in protein and natural sugars?

Marisa Peer said...

It is okay to eat dried figs, apricots and prunes in small amounts in place of sugary sweets but on the 2 day fat burning plan you need to avoid them as they raise your blood sugar levels too high
Stick to fresh fruit like berries during this programme.
Marisa x

Jo said...

Hello Marisa,

I came to your seminar 2 weeks ago and am thrilled with my changed relationship to food. I no longer think about food unless I am hungry, and I am not at all interested in the foods that would previously end any diet (chocolate, biscuits etc). So thank you, enormously, I wish I had come to see you years ago. My only concern at this point is whether I am losing weight at the right pace or whether I should do more. In 2 weeks I have lost 3 pounds (I think I have about 18 to lose in total), and was hoping for more. I could cut down meal sizes more and I am hoping to start an exercise regime soon (difficult as I work full time and have 2 young children), or is this a good enough rate of weight loss? If it continued at this rate I would be happy but I am concerned that I might stop losing weight after a while. Do you have any advice on this?

thank you again, you have been wonderful,

Jo

Anonymous said...

Hi marisa, i have read your book and listened to yr cd many times, it has helped me alot in many ways but some days i fall off the wagon. I'm just wanting to be reassurred that this won't happen overnight but it will happen, and practise makes perfect?

katie

Anonymous said...

Hi Marissa, love the book. I really love sushi but since it contains a lot of rice I would like advice on how to incorporate it into my new food regime.

Ella said...

Hi Marisa

Could you let me know if quorn is okay with this programme?

Thnaks.

Anonymous said...

Hi Marissa

I have read your book and it all makes perfect sense! I've since swapped my usual marg for 'Pure', however, I recently read that soya is linked with infertility. I'm 39 and worried it's too late for me as it is! Please can you let me know your thoughts on this?

Many thanks
Suzanne

Marisa Peer said...

Dear Suzzane
Pure also do an organic sunflower spread which is the one I use along with st helens goats butter.
As long as you use soya that is organic and not gm modified you will be fine.
very best
marisa

Anonymous said...

i cant help put crave for chocolate all the time and binge eat on it sooo much! any advice on how to prevent this?
jane

Anonymous said...

Hi I came to your seminar on Saturday 28th Feb 2009 and then went straight out to eat, only had fish and veg brilliant, everyone around me ate yummy deserts just didn't enter my head to have one. Following day[yesterday] went to son's house for birthday lunch he was having sandwiches and pizzas so took my own food of smoked salmon and eggs, there were crisps his mother in law made a choc birthday cake didn't enter my head to eat any. Thank you so much Marisa I am sure this will carry on.

Sandra Addis

Anonymous said...

Hi! I would love to join the online Marisa fan club. I have lost nearly 3 stone over the last few years and I have become a gym junkie but was struggling to lose the last 5 pounds that will take me to a really optimum weight. Since reading the book and listening to the CD I feel completely confident that the weight will be shed soon. Already pasta makes me feel sick as does glue bread!I definitely have a problem with emotional eating which contributes I am sure to on/off depression problems. I would love to keep in touch with other bloggers to chart my progress. Also I would be interested in anyone else with depression problems and whether this wheat/dairy/sugar free diet has helped. Thanks for reading this.

lola said...

Hi! I would love to join the Marisa online fan club! Over the last 3 years I have lost nearly 3 stone and become a gym junkie. Even so, I still could not shed the last 5 pounds to put me at an optimum weight. I have successfully worked with a local hypnotherapist but needed a more specific boost. Since finishing Marisa's book at the weekend and listening to the CD I think I have made a breakthrough. Pasta repels me and even organic milk makes me feel queasy. Am definitely a carb emotional eater with depression issues and would be really interested to hear from anyone else who has tried this diet and would like to follow my progress. Thanks for reading this.

Anonymous said...

Hi everyone I too went to the 28th Feb 2009 seminar and it was fantastic. I read the book before I went and have been following the program. I feel a little disappointed that I have only lost 4 lbs in 3.5 weeks but I do have more energy than I have had in years. I have been to several work meetings where everyone has been eating things like fish and chips with apple pudding and custard and I have requested a salad and been fine and not wanting anything else. I have lots of recipes and I will post them soon. Good luck to all of us and love to Marisa.

Anonymous said...

further to following the no wheat no diary plan for a year I have shed 2 stone. I plan to shed 18 pounds more which will take me down to my ideal weight. I am finding it really hard to not eat jelly type sweets and foods from the no wheat no diary section in supermarkets. free from jam tarts, macaroons and chips have all popped up recently at the weekend and I notice how much it effects my mood. Would love to get some advise on this. Have made more effort to excerise. Also I have PCOS....

Anonymous said...

wow lola
what a success how did you do it?
emily

Anonymous said...

Hello Emily Thanks for your interest. I started by learning which foods were healthier and cutting down on portion sizes but it has been a long road! Exercise is now a main part of my life and I love it. Having become a big fan of Marisa's book I am convinced that wheat is a definite no-no for me. I have discovered that if I have a bit I end up behaving like a lunatic and eating as much as I can get hold of which Marisa mentions in her book. I have young children so bread and pasta are in our house but I am re-educating myself with help from the book and CD. I have broken the weight barrier and lost 2lbs which I am sure is cutting out wheat as I was stuck previously for months. What's your story Emily? Kate

Unknown said...

Hi I would love to hear from people who have been successful since using Marisa's ideas - long term. I've read a lot about people changing how they feel for for a week or two and I have to say I have still struggled so it would be good to see that it has worked for people over say 6 months to a year whether with practice, they still find it easy to eat healthily and to turn away from unhealthy foods.

Thanks.

Sandra

Thanks.

Sandra

Anonymous said...

Hi, I have just read your book which I am very excited about and have done the cd three times now. However on the last occasion the session was interrupted as the cd got stuck. I slightly panicked as I was in the middle of the hyponsis session. It did start again but made me concerned that if the cd gave up during a session, would it be a problem as I would not have reached the 'bringing you back again' 5 steps at the end of the cd.

I very much want to continue the programme and I should be grateful if you would let me have your advice regarding the above.

Thanks, Joy

cormac walsh said...

Hi Marisa, it was great speaking with you yesterday and I am so glad to hear you are a big fan of our natural sweetener 'ZSWEET'.I became involved with the product as a direct result of my sister being diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and now I am passionate about telling as many people as possible of the health benefits of switching away from excessive sugar and harmful artificial sweeteners. Anyone wanting more info. on Zsweet can find at www.zsweet.eu
Regards,
Cormac Walsh,
CEO,
Zsweet Europe.

cormac walsh said...

Hi Marisa, it was great speaking with you yesterday and I am so glad to hear you are a big fan of our natural sweetener 'ZSWEET'.I became involved with the product as a direct result of my sister being diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and now I am passionate about telling as many people as possible of the health benefits of switching away from excessive sugar and harmful artificial sweeteners. Anyone wanting more info. on Zsweet can find at www.zsweet.eu
Regards,
Cormac Walsh,
CEO,
Zsweet Europe.

cormac walsh said...

Hi Marisa, it was great speaking with you yesterday and I am so glad to hear you are a big fan of our natural sweetener 'ZSWEET'.I became involved with the product as a direct result of my sister being diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and now I am passionate about telling as many people as possible of the health benefits of switching away from excessive sugar and harmful artificial sweeteners. Anyone wanting more info. on Zsweet can find at www.zsweet.eu
Regards,
Cormac Walsh,
CEO,
Zsweet Europe.

Marisa Peer said...

Hi Cormac
I am a big fan of zsweet I use it to sweeten herb teas, stewed fruit and on oats or any time I want to make something sweet.
We use it at all my bootcamps and everyone loves it I am so glad I can buy it in Britain now rather than gettting it from America. Everyone should try it, its amazing
best Marisa

Anonymous said...

I have had fantastic results eating Marissa's way but lately I have been stuck. As I am going on holidays on Sunday I decided to try the two-day programme an am delighted to find that even after a day my weight has finally shifted downwards! It's actually not that hard to do and I am feeling good on it. Thanks again Marissa for very sensible advice.

Julie